Thursday, October 15, 2009


Steam Juicing at The Lake

Word of the Day

Shim - 1. A masking term to point out someone of questionable gender. 2. A man dressed as a woman.


Starting right after breakfast yesterday, I cleaned pomegranates until 5 PM. I only cleaned a bit more than half of my laundry basket full of them but, as it was, the seed sacs filled my steam juice to the top. I'm not sure if I really needed to steam juice the fruit for three hours but...I did. I ended up with 4 1/2 quarts of pomegranate juice which I'll use for my Pomegranate Wine with barley. I can't start any wine yet until the wine-making supplies I ordered arrive in the mail so...the juice will have to wait for a bit. It's sealed in quart jars. I suppose I could spend the entire day cleaning the rest of the pomegranates and juicing them...but...

I've decided to take the day off. Well...off from toiling around the house. I made an appointment to get my hair cut...later this afternoon. And, I made an appointment to take Gypsy to the groomer. Plus, I need to pick up some supplies (barley and lemons)for Pomegranate Wine.

Random Thought of the Day

Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

You must learn to face the fact, always, that you choose to do what you do, and that everything you do affects not only you but others.

- Holly Lisle

No comments: