Tuesday, October 27, 2009



Word of the Day

Shuggleftulation - The actions of two people approaching, trying to get around each other, and muttering "thanks for the dance."


Just when I've gotten used to wearing capris and sandals, it looks like things are going to cool off here. I'm told that tomorrow's high temperature will only be in the 60's. Time to dig out some warmer clothes. It was only in the 40's when I woke up this morning but I knew it was going to warm up to the upper 80's. However, I did have find a sweater when I took Gypsy outside this morning. Although we have a fenced backyard and no threat from wolves, bears, coyotes, or eagles, Gypsy prefers to have company when she's outside....guarding her back.

Having nothing better to do with my time while doing laundry today, I mopped the kitchen floor again. My new steam mop continues to work well. I've mopped my floors more often in the last week than I've mopped them in the last year. I'm glad I ordered those extra cleaning pads. However, you still won't find me smiling while I mop. Feel free to call those nice young men in their clean white coats to come and take me away if you ever catch me grinning while cleaning.

Random Thought of the Day

I find that as I get older, going out is a good thing; but, coming home is better!

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.

- Jacques Maritain (1882 - 1973)

No comments: