Monday, September 29, 2014

Camouflaged

Word of the Day

Vegetabible - A book pertaining to the ways that a vegetable should live. Sometimes referred to as a gardener's book on growing vegetables.

I got my 10,000 today! More than that... I put in 45 minutes of aerobic exercise followed by hours of checking items off my To Do List. I put fuel stabilizer into the Gator....which really should have been easy but the people who make that stuff put it in bottles that look like they should be easy to use but...they aren't. I had to rig up a short length of tubing and a funnel so I could get the stabilizer where it needed to go...in the gas tank. Then, I drove the Gator over to BW Babe's place with all my garbage and recycling...because I don't have garbage service anymore, at least not until next spring. Since I was using her service, I rolled her barrels up to the main road for her, which shouldn't have been a big deal but it rained last night and her driveway was REALLY muddy. NEXT? I actually spent 45 minutes on hold with our Internet and phone provider and then, frustratingly, since I didn't have the last four digits of HTP's SS number, I had to do it all over again, after I e-mailed HTP to get the digits. I'm one of those people who can't sit quietly on hold. I pace. I pace a LOT! I didn't have to spend quite as much time on hold with our satellite TV provider but, for the first time in years, they didn't want to let me do anything with our service because my name wasn't on the account. WHAT THE FRACK?! After sitting on hold with our Internet and phone provider...twice, I'm afraid I might have lost it a bit. For YEARS!, I've NEVER had problems with this and NOW?! they're going to give me problems?! They let me put our (key word "OUR") on hold for six months. NEXT? What a JOY! I called our insurance agent and put the Gator in storage for the winter, as of October 6. Talking to our insurance agent was a PLEASURE! All of it is from October 6th. I HATE dealing with Internet, Phone, and Satellite services. What part of service don't they get? Thankfully, my insurance provider knows the definition of service...at least...our provider here at The Lake. I can't say the same for our provider (same company)in Arizona. So....end of LONG paragraph? I paced for MILES today. Then, I e-mailed HTP and told him to PLEASE make sure that I'm on our account, from now on, for our satallite provider. I thought I'd taken care of this a couple years ago when my neighbor lost her husband and found herself in a world of HELL when it came to billing issues. When I get back home to Arizona, I'll have to make sure to check ALL our accounts.

Kylee and I didn't have to hike up to the main road and back today but I NEEDED to hike up to the main road and back. After finishing up for the day, before making something for dinner, I NEEDED to get out and walk off my bad humor....and, if I can't whine on my own blog well...at least I will be enjoying a bit of cheese tonight with it. It's Big Bang Theory night and I'm looking forward to bit of humor.

Random Quote of the Day

For most men life is a search for the proper manila envelope in which to get themselves filed.

- Clifton Fadiman (1904 - 1999)

No comments: