Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fall Wildflowers

The Wildflowers are Still Blooming

Log Piles at the Side of my Road

Fall Color Along My Driveway


New Logging Trail - It begs to be explored. Where does it go?

Word of the Day

Palpicake - To test baked goods for freshness by prodding.

It's getting harder and harder to get up at my normal 6 AM....or, I suppose, I could say that it's getting easier and easier to sleep in until after 7 AM. I imagine it's all part of daylight saving time. I tend to wake up when the sun rises and I prefer to go to bed when the sun sets.
Studies have been done that state that the ideal amount of sleep is around 7 hours. However, that's uninterrupted sleep. *sigh* I don't often sleep that well. I am going to have to get used to using my pillow speaker again. My tinnitus tends to make sleeping without some sort of backup sound (from my Kindle Fire), impossible. The ringing in my ear is just too distracting.

I sorted out my pills this morning. I now have three weeks of pills measured out and I was able to pack the rest of them. Packing has started. I've got a pile of taped and untaped boxes in the hallway. In the coming days, I'll be adding things that need to go home to Arizona to the untaped boxes. I'm starting to check items off my To Do List and my Packing List. I've actually packed as much as I can for today. I still NEED some of the items that need to come home with me so there's no point in packing stuff, only to unpack it and then pack it up again. HTP often accuses me of doing this but...I don't.

We got about a half inch of rain last night so I can't pull in the windchimes, solar lights, lawn art and the birdfeeders until they dry off a bit. Next week? In the meantime, I ordered three grill covers online. They'll be coming on Wednesday. Three? Yup. I need one to cover the grill on the upper deck, one to cover the smoker on the lower deck, and one to cover the grill on the lower deck. I figured that this might be the best way of saving some closing labor. I do need to go down to the dock and haul up the rest of the fishing gear and bail out the rowboat. Some time this week, Seasonal Toys plan to pull in my dock and rowboat. I need to take the tie-downs off the dock too. One year, they ripped up one of my dock boards because I hadn't had the chance to remove the tie downs.

It's Sunday. I deserve one day of rest...don't I? The sun is shining and I think I'll take my first hike of the day up to the main road and back.

****

Update - I'm about ready for bed but...I made my 10,000 steps and a bit more. No sooner than I messaged the guy that mows our lawn and takes care of maintenance work, he drove down my driveway. I've arranged for him to spread three loads of oak mulch around my beds this fall...before snowfall, and, mow the lawn a couple more times. Also, he plans to paint my chimney top, two coats after sanding. AND...he plans to plow the driveway this winter....eight mows. I'll pay him for more as needed. In the meantime, I plan to write him a check...tomorrow morning. I want a receipt and he forgot to bring his receipt book tonight.

I checked a few more items off my To Do List today...more than I planned but...it isn't going to rain anymore while I'm here so...might as well pull in the rain gauges.


Random Quote of the Day

There is no use in loving things if you have to be torn from them, is there? And it's so hard to keep from loving things, isn't it?

- L. M. Montgomery (1874 - 1942), Anne of Green Gables, 1908

No comments: