Friday, September 26, 2014

They're Back!

Word of the Day

Telecrastination - The act of always letting the phone ring at least twice before you pick it up, even when you're only six inches away.

It was cold this morning, cold enough to make my joints hurt. HTP would tell me that I probably should have shut the window and turned on the furnace but it won't be long before I'm complaining of the heat again.

With only a week left...not even that...I continue my packing activities. I made my 10,000 steps with only one trip up to the main road and back. Of course, I did put in a 3 mile aerobic workout so.... I prepped and stowed some of my geraniums in the basement for the winter along with my amaryllis plants. I've still got three more geraniums to prep and stow but I want to enjoy them for a bit longer. The deck is already looking a bit bare with all the Earthbox gardens stowed away.

It eventually warmed up enough this afternoon to make my jeans and long-sleeved shirt a bit almost unbearable. I changed the long-sleeved shirt for a t-shirt but I'm still feeling a bit overly warm. I know that this too will pass and I'll be suffering from cold again tomorrow morning. The temperature out on my deck is 82 degrees. Warm!

I noted a few lady-bug/Japanese beetles crawling on the ceiling of my bedroom again. *sigh* I went outside and took a picture of one that was crawling on the side of the house. They're back and I KNOW that I'll be vacuuming them up again next spring...but...I'll think about that, next spring. I've got enough to do and worry about between now and then.

Random Quote of the Day

My theory is that all of Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.

- Mike Myers

No comments: