Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fall Offering

Word of the Day

Scirish - A person of mixed Irish and Scottish descent.

It's been a day...a beautiful day...but full. I finally got around to putting the container gardens from the lower deck to bed. DONE! I hauled the debris off to the woods and stacked the containers under a protected area where it will stay dry. I found two more tomatoes that I'd missed...still green but....maybe they'll turn inside...maybe. It feels good to have that chore all done. DONE! My Fitbit didn't really record the aerobic exercise it took to put the lower deck gardens to bed but....oh well.

Stan the Man showed up and I was able to pay him ahead of time for lawn mowing, snow plowing, chimney cap painting, and general landscape improvement. I wrote him a check for part of it and cash for the rest. The cash part is MY money that I'M paying to have part of this work. I don't always want HTP to have to foot the bill for my stuff. The Lake is mostly my stuff and I realize that. I'M paying to have him spread three loads of oak mulch on all my gardens. I'm hoping for beautiful flower gardens when I get back here next spring....God Willing.

Kylee and I made three hikes up to the main road and back so that I'd get my 10,000 steps in today. I'm determined to get as much exercise as I can in while I can since I know that I'll be missing out on ANY aerobic exercise while driving cross-country back to Arizona. Plus...I won't exactly be eating healthy.

I've been putting off working on some of the things on my To Do List. It's just so final. *sigh* I finally brought in all the lawn art, the decorations, and the wind-chimes. My Havahart traps are stowed in the garage. At this point, I'm not all that worried about chipmunks and squirrels getting into my gardens. They're done...all of them.

Suitcases? Yup...I'm packing. MY hallway is full of boxes and stuff that will need to be brought to....Minnesota, Nebraska, Texas and Arizona. I'll be picking up and dropping off in Minnesota...to and from #1 Son. I'll be dropping off in Nebraska and Texas. Old Grey Frog Moving Company....that's me. Despite the fact that I've got a packing list....there's always more that I'm adding to the list each day. I'd hate to forget anything. Meanwhile...I have lost enough weight that most of my clothes may just stay here this winter...to be donated next spring. Why should I bring all kinds of clothes that don't fit back to Arizona with me? And some stuff? I just can't pack some stuff because I NEED to use it. I plan on doing laundry on Thursday so I won't have to bring too many dirty clothes back home to Arizona with me.

Random Quote of the Day

I've always found paranoia to be a perfectly defensible position.

- Pat Conroy (1945 - )

No comments: