Tuesday, April 15, 2003

A Bird in the Wreath is Worth Two in the Bush or Decorating for Spring


Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've got my front door wreath all decorated for the spring. You know how people go out and buy wreaths to put on their front doors? I went out and bought a manzanita wreath for my door a few years ago and occasionally change the bow or add a few flowers to make it appropriate for the seasons or holidays. Some people actually go out and buy these little birds and stick them to the wreath for decoration. I've never done that. I've never had to do that since I've put up this wreath. Again this year I've got a bird, a real live one. It's a cute little thing and it's made it's nest in my wreath....again. It's been living there for a few weeks now. Everytime we've opened the front door, it's flown off in a huff, causing our guests to duck and cover. We've been telling people that it's our attack bird. It came as quite a shock to us the first year she built her nest. But this is her third year now so we're starting to look at her, her nest, and her chicks as a sign of spring. She's become stubborn and often just cheaps a protest at us from her nest nestled in my wreath. So I guess my door wreath is already decorated for spring and the bird did all the decorating for me. At least if I'm going to have to have a bird in my wreath, it's authentic. Hope you're all getting ready for spring too.


No comments: