Sunday, April 20, 2003

I got up really really really early this morning. There are some drawbacks to getting up early but the rewards are so great! No one else is up. Well...not many people. My family is still sleeping. I was able to get ready for church and I didn't have to bump into one family member or answer one question. My son peeked his head out of his room just once to tell me that he wasn't awake enough to find the shower in time to go to church with me. He's a teenager...I really didn't expect him to be awake enough to tell me that he wasn't awake enough. He's starting to mature. It came as a shock to me because it was only 4:45AM when he did this. I wonder if he'll remember later on today. He does tend to talk and walk in his sleep. He's a teenager.

When I drove to church today at 5 AM (Sunrise Service) there wasn't anyone on the road. Normal hectic and snarled traffic was totally absent. I don't know how all those people made it to church this morning for the Sunrise Service. They must have driven on a different street. It was beautiful. Cold for Arizona, but beautiful.

Yes, there are rewards for getting up early. I'm back home now and it's only 7 AM. No one is awake yet here. It's quiet. I can hear the birds. I have time to write this blog. And I'm going to make a pot of coffee and watch what I want to watch on TV. I may even sneak a piece of Easter candy...or two...or three because surely calories can't count when you get them this early. What can be better? Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments: