Friday, December 21, 2007


#1 Son - Christmas 2001


Word of the Day

Electronical - Descriptive of an electronic set of components.


#1 Son is Here! HTP and I picked him up at the airport and then took him our for BBQ ribs. Famous Dave's. Wonderful! Too bad that the combination of BBQ and the other white meat doesn't seem to agree with me but...it was good. I highly recommend the Memphis ribs. Yummy!

I haven't opened Christmas Calendar Door #21 as yet but I know what I'll find. The plans for the day are to decorate Christmas cookies. The cookies need to sit out and set before I can box them up for gifting. I gave my neighbor most of her goodies yesterday but I forgot to give her the fudge that I made for her and I couldn't give her undecorated cookies so we'll have to bring those over to her on Saturday when we'll be bringing goodies to some other people.

The sooner I get most of these goodies out of the house the better. They are just too tempting. I've been sneaking Jan Hagel and Pizzelle every morning to munch on with my first cup of coffee each morning. Please note that I only dusted the weighing scale in the bathroom. I refuse to actually check my own weight until at least three weeks after all the goodies and holiday food are gone. Thankfully, my clothes still seem to fit.

#1 Son started two loads of laundry last night. I folded one of the loads this morning and threw the other load into the dryer. I'll leave that last load? for him to fold. I'd have let him fold that other load but I didn't want to wake him up and I didn't want his clean clothes sitting in a basket getting even more wrinkly.

Murphyism of the Day

Swipples Rule of Order


He who shouts loudest has the floor.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground.

- Zora Neale Hurston (1901 - 1960)

No comments: