Sunday, December 23, 2007


MC Daughter and a Bottle of Wine - Christmas 2006

Word of the Day

Elevertigo - The sensation one experiences when an elevator stops or takes off too suddenly.


#1 Son and I opened Christmas Calendar Door #23 at 5:30 AM this morning. We played with the church orchestra for two services. Me with my clarinet. #1 Son with his trumpet. We left for church at 6:30 AM. The temperature outside was 31°F. That's cold enough to freeze some of my more tender plants. Or...it would have frozen said plants if I hadn't kept them covered from the other night. I may just leave them covered. However, I did note that my petunias in the garage are looking a bit sickly. I think they need water.

On the way home from church, #1 Son and I made another trip to the grocery store. I picked up some food for supper and some eggnog. Yes, I could make my own eggnog but I figured that I've done enough cooking for a while. We also picked up some good brandy and some good rum. We're going to enjoy homemade Christmas cookies with REAL eggnog (the adult beverage). We also picked up a bottle of wine. Actually, we didn't really NEED any wine but it was pointed out to us, while we were standing at the meat counter, that they were giving away free bottles of wine with each $10 purchased. So...well...why not?

I plan to relax for the rest of the day. I'm putting my feet up, munching on the occasional Christmas cookie and maybe take a nap to make up for my early rising this morning.

Murphyism of the Day

Rayburn's Rule


If you want to get along, go along.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example.

- Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680)

No comments: