Wednesday, December 26, 2007


#1 Son Gave Me a Bottle of Woot Wine - Christmas 2007

Word of the Day

Enclownter - A brief, usually unpleasant, encounter with a clown.


The day after Christmas and it's back to doing "normal" activities. #1 Son is going to go out and do something with his friends. HTP is doing what he normally does. Me? Laundry. Lots of laundry now that #1 Son is home.

I started another batch of Arancello after breakfast. I had fifteen oranges that I needed to zest. Good thing that I decided to work on making the rest of the Arancello today because one of the fifteen oranges had already gone bad. Yucko! One goes bad and the rest will follow and spoil the whole bunch. We've got another couple quarts of fresh orange juice now too to go with our breakfast.

On top of all this our bug man came to spray the yard and knock down the spider webs. A new guy. I wish he'd be our regular guy but, he tells me that he normally works out of Scottsdale. Figures. None of our regular guys have ever knocked down spider webs. I didn't even know that they were supposed to do that. I'll have to insist from now on. "Oh...by the way, while you're out there, could you please get rid of all the spider webs around the windows and doors?" It would save me from doing it or having to tell people that I was starting to decorate for Halloween...early.

It froze outside last night. I had a thin layer of ice on the fountain. It's a good thing that I covered the plants. It looks like I'll have to cover them every day for a while. It was 29°F this morning when I took Gypsy outside. 6 AM. Brrrrr!!!!! She wasn't happy when I put her back into her kennel after she "did her thing". She wanted to eat and play! Sorry, Gypsy. I was just too tired to get up that early this morning. Maybe tomorrow. As it is, I slept later than I'd planned. 8 AM is pretty darn late for me.

Murphyism of the Day

Van Roy's Law


A meeting is no substitute for progress.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Man is the only animal that laughs and has a state legislature.

- Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)

No comments: