Wednesday, December 19, 2007


A Very Sleepy #1 Son on Christmas Morning - 2002

Word of the Day

Elecelleration - The mistaken notion that the more you press an elevator button the faster it will arrive.


Christmas Calendar Door #19

I need to get these gifts wrapped. Actually...I think I've got at least one thing coming via UPS today. I'll need to wrap that too. I really don't have all that much to wrap so I've been nudging that task off to the side each day. However, tomorrow #1 Son will be here and I want to make sure everything is wrapped before he gets here. Plus...I really need to clean the house. The guest room (the room where #1 Son will be sleeping)is all ready but maybe I'd better run a dust cloth over the horizontal surfaces. I think maybe HTP might want to go out and pick up a cable box for that room too. #1 Son will be here for almost a month. It'll be nice to have him home. Realistically, I know that he'll be spending a lot of time sleeping and out with friends but I know he'll make sure to spend some time with us. We haven't seen him since the last time he was at The Lake with us.

I'm bringing Gypsy into the groomer's today. She needs her nails trimmed and the hair between her pads is getting a bit long. They tell me that I need to bring in her rabies certification. I suppose. I do have it. I'm thinking that I may pick out a new collar for her while I'm there. The groomer is located at our local PetSmart. I'll bring her in sometime after breakfast. I can go shopping while she's at the groomer. There's a couple of things that I need to pick up yet at the store. Things that will need wrapping. I imagine I'll have to go shopping again while #1 Son is here but I don't want to waste my time shopping for my stuff while #1 Son wants to go shopping for his stuff.

Murphyism of the Day

Truman's Law


If you cannot convince them, confuse them.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Be brief, for no discourse can please when too long.

- Miguel de Cervantes (1547 - 1616)

No comments: