Wednesday, December 05, 2007


DD Daughter, MC Daughter and Me - December 1981

Word of the Day

E-touch - A method of staying in contact with friends by e-mail or other electronic devices.


After cooking and eating breakfast, I opened Christmas Calendar Door #5....

I started decorating my dining room. The dining room table now has its cheery red tablecloth and crotcheted table runner...and I've started on the centerpiece. I've still got to dig out some more candles but...it's a start. The Christmas cards are all in the mail. While I was out taking them to the mailbox (located right outside of our local grocery store), I gave into temptation and bought two poinsettia plants (which I plan to keep well away from Gypsy) and two amaryllis plants that are just getting ready to bloom. I was only going to buy the amaryllis plants but the poinsettia plants were so pretty....and they were on sale. Actually, I'd only gone into the grocery store because HTP and I used up the last of our eggs this morning. So...there was this Christmas plant display right inside the store and I couldn't resist. When I got home, and after I found spots to put my new plants, I dug out the silk poinsettia plants and the toy soldiers that my daughters and I made from flower pots one year for a church craft project. They look really nice all grouped together outside by our front door....even the frowning toy soldier that MC Daughter made. I love that frowning toy soldier.

I found another Christmas frog and some metal reindeer up in the same cupboard with the silk poinsettias and toy soldiers. I'd forgotten that I'd stored them there. I arranged them by the real poinsettias in our tiny little entry way. I may or may not put the tree up today. I may or may not unpack the snowglobes and set them out. Plus, I still need to get the creche out. Baking? Oh well...there's always Door #6. Actually, I'd thought I put out all my Christmas frogs yesterday but, come to think of it, there may be some more stored in the boxes with the snowglobes.

*****

OK....my Charlie Brown Tree is up and decorated. DD Daughter tells me that you can really buy honest to goodness, copyright protected, Charlie Brown trees now so maybe I can't call mine a Charlie Brown Tree anymore. Oh well...it looks the part.

Murphyism of the Day

Santayana's First Law


Sanity is madness put to good use.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Men are born with two eyes, but only one tongue, in order that they should see twice as much as they say.

- Charles Caleb Colton (1780 - 1832)

No comments: