Thursday, December 13, 2007


Gypsy Playing with Santa - December 2007

Word of the Day

Eeb - The noise made by a retarded bee, based on the fact that bees with a full mental capacity give off a 'bee' sound.


I opened Christmas Calendar Door #13 before breakfast and have been baking cookies ever since. I'm not making as many Christmas cookies this year ) as I have in years past. I'm not spoofing you...I usually make tons of cookies...this year I'm only making half a ton. Behind Door #13 I found my recipe for brown sugar cookies which are a tradition in our family. I made two batches. 18 dozen cookies cut out into various shapes. They still need decorating with frosting and colored sugars but I may wait until #1 Son gets home so he can lend a hand and some artistic talent. I'm willing to bet that he'll make at least one bloody spear point. Decorating brown sugar cookies is a family tradition too. Oh...and I made Gypsy some Christmas bones from the leftover scraps of dough. That's traditional too. Her first Christmas cookie bone.

After storing away the brown sugar cookies, I made a batch of regular sugar cookies and a batch of gingerbread cookies. They're cooling on the rack as I blog. The kitchen is clean. I'm done for the day. My feet are killing me and I'm covered in flour. I really should wear an apron but somehow I've never got around to purchasing such a thing. I'll change into some clean clothes after I blog.

Despite the fact that I'm not making as many cookies and candies as I have in the past, I'm not ready to hang up my apron. I know...I just told you that I don't even own an apron but I kind of liked the mental image. I still have to make peanut brittle, fruitcake bars, fudge, sugarfree brownies and spritz. I'm not sure which door the spritz will be located behind but I'm thinking, maybe, it'll be behind Door #14. I'd better rest up.

Murphyism of the Day

Lord Falkland's Rule


When it is not necessary to make a decision, it is necessary not to make a decision.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Maybe it's easier to like someone else's life, and live vicariously through it, than take some responsibility to change our lives into lives we might like.

- Tish Grier

No comments: