Thursday, December 06, 2007


MC Daughter and DD Daughter Chatting with Santa - 1982

Word of the Day

Eastroturf - The artificial grass in Easter baskets.


And behind Christmas Calendar Door #6?

I've still got, the creche, the snowglobes, the rest of the dining room decoration, and my Twelve Days of Christmas figurines. I crocheted Ms. En's special Christmas anklets last night but I still need to look for some special Christmas buttons to decorate the socks with. Tomorrow? HTP and I are going to be out and about tomorrow so maybe I'll get a chance to look for something than.

You noticed maybe that I didn't even mention the baking as yet? That's because I should have picked up some flour yesterday when I bought the eggs. Actually...I didn't buy any eggs. When they're charging $3/dozen for eggs, I don't buy eggs unless I'm totally desperate and have no choice in the matter. This time I had a choice. It was a lot cheaper to buy those neat little egg whites in cartons than to buy regular eggs this time. For the most part, I only use the egg white anyway. The prepackaged carton egg whites are normally more expensive that buying real eggs. These were on sale. I figure I saved a couple of bucks and I don't need to feel so guilty about throwing away the yolks. No-one has fresh eggs on sale this week. I do need eggs to make pizzelle. Real eggs. Maybe someone will have them on sale next week. If not...I'll have to give into desperation and pay premium prices. Most of my Christmas cookies don't call for eggs. One recipe, a favorite of #1 Son, calls for just egg whites, sugar and flavoring. Meringues. This I can do. I even have powdered egg whites that will work for those. Unfortunately, I can't make HTP's morning omelet with powdered egg whites....at least...I've never tried. Somehow I don't think a powdered egg white omelet sounds like it would taste too good. Maybe the taste of all that powdered milk I drank as a child colors my attitude in this direction. I'll probably start baking this weekend. We'll see. I still have a few packages that I need to get ready to mail out. Thankfully, I don't think any of them will require visits to the Post Office. It's a good thing that I've got a few unopened Christmas Calendar doors left on my calendar. I only wish there were more than 25 of them. Only 19 more to open after today.

Murphyism of the Day

W.C. Field's Maxim


Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Liberty without learning is always in peril; learning without liberty is always in vain.

- John F. Kennedy (1917 - 1963)

No comments: