Saturday, March 20, 2010


I moved the dog basket so Kylee could keep an eye on me while I'm working on my laptop.

Word of the Day

Splitzophrenic - A personality trait that causes a person to consistently behave in an inconsistent manner. Common symptoms include: extreme indecisiveness; frequent shifting between hyper, impulsive & spastic behavior and a more subdued, introspective demeanor; an uncanny ability to identify with all sorts of varying personality types; and an inability to identify oneself as being one or the other. Individuals are known to sway between the following traits: extroverted vs. introverted, practical/realistic vs. imaginative, organized vs. disorganized, intelligent/clearheaded vs. ditsy, stubborn vs. complacent, among others.


Kylee continues to settle in. She saw her first squirrel this morning and stood up like a meerkat to get a better look. I'm trying to get her accustomed to brushing and sitting in a basket. She seems content to remain in a basket as long as she can keep an eye on me...and as long as she has a rawhide bone to chew on. I bought a bag of fresh rawhide bones for her this morning when I went into town to pick up the mail. Gypsy never liked rawhide bones. Kylee turned up nose at the old ones that I had up here. So far house-breaking continues to go well. I only had to take her out once during the night...and I'm not sure if it was entirely necessary. She hadn't complained but I was already awake so...what the heck.

I made three loaves of bread yesterday. Two loaves of German rye bread, and one loaf of whole wheat. It's kind of hard to get things done while Kylee is awake...so I'm learning to do those things I need to do while Kylee is in her kennel...napping. However, I'm not letting her nap too much. I'd rather she did her sleeping at night.

Random Thought of the Day

If a bunch of cats jump on top of each other, is it still called a dog pile?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Say not, when I have leisure I will study; you may not have leisure.

- The Mishnah

No comments: