Friday, March 19, 2010


Meet Kylee - March 17, 2010


Kylee - March 19, 2010

It's extremely hard to take a picture that shows that Kylee has no tail because she keeps sitting down when I stop to take a picture.


Word of the Day

Splendiferously - Used to describe something that is splendid or wonderful -- often needing excessive punctuation. Origins: From the word, splendiferous, describing something that is splendid.


I have a new puppy. Thankfully, HTP is a very wonderful and understanding husband. My folks and I picked her up at the breeder's on St. Patrick's Day. She's nothing like Gypsy but she's helping to fill the void that was created when Gypsy died. Actually, she's very persistent about the whole thing and makes me laugh at her antics. Because we got her on St. Patrick's Day, I decided to give her an Irish name. Kylee. She's a beautiful red-haired miniature Australian shepherd with hazel eyes that switch from blue to green to grey...which is a bit weird but. She's nine weeks old....which means that she need to be house-broken. She's learning quickly...knock on wood. She also demands a LOT of exercise and play time. She's a five and a half pound bundle of energy. I suspect that we'll be taking plenty of long hikes this summer to wear her out a bit. She's not sleeping through the night yet but...she's young. Thankfully, the weather hasn't been too bad when I've had to take her outside during the after dark hours.

Random Thought of the Day

Do sheep get static cling when they rub against one another?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

When I'm not doing something that comes deeply from me, I get bored. When I get bored I get distracted and when I get distracted, I become depressed. It's a natural resistance, and it insures your integrity.

- Maria Irene Fornes

No comments: