Thursday, March 25, 2010


The Ice is Melting at The Lake...but only near the shore.

Word of the Day

Spurgle - The sputtering and gurgling sound a car might make after the ignition is turned off.


OK, enough about Kylee, already. Nothing new to report.

I spent most of the day transplanting the cucumbers, zucchini, and tomatoes that I planted from seed shortly after HTP and I got here to The Lake. No need to tell me that I planted the cucumber and zucchini seed too early. I figured that out all by myself. If they get too big, I'll have to try and plant those again in a few weeks. I transplanted everything but the tomatoes and pepperoncini into larger pots. I transplanted the tomatoes into the same size pots but deeper so only the secondary and seed leaves are now showing at the top of the soil. The pepperoncini are still too small to transplant. Maybe next time. I've never actually grown my own transplants and thought, since I got here so early, that I'd give it a try. I'm not sure how well this is going to work out but...at least I can say that I tried. If all works out, I should be able to transplant everything one more time before it's warm enough outside to transplant into the garden. So far, so good. My Mom gave me some cuttings from one of her cherry tomato plants from last year which I transplanted into soil yesterday. They sure looked sick yesterday (sticks with green dishrags attached) but seem to be making a comeback today. I may end up with WAY too many tomato plants this summer.

Random Thought of the Day

Why do they call him Donkey Kong if he is not a donkey?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself.

- Jane Wagner

No comments: