Thursday, March 11, 2010


Looking Up the Drive

Word of the Day

Spendorphine - The substance generated by the brain that improves mood or reduces depression when one self-medicates by going shopping.


It's been a grey day today. It has just started raining again. The snow melt continues. I probably should have put on boots this afternoon when I walked down to the shore to check on the ice. Yup...it's still there. The lake looks like a huge skating rink. I wonder what happened to my old ice skates? I suppose they were sold a long time ago after HTP and I moved to Arizona. There's not really much call for ice skates in Arizona.

Life here at The Lake continues. I racked the Arizona wines yesterday. They should be fine now until I get around to bottling them at the end of April. I've been busily collecting wine bottles. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to buy bottles this year. Today, I'm filtering and bottling the arancello. My whole house smells like oranges.

Random Thought of the Day

If you had a three story house and were in the second floor, isn't it possible that you can be upstairs and downstairs at the same time?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

You don’t get to pick your own nickname. They’ve gotta give you one. It’s like we’re all tryin’ to make pets out of each other and we’re not comfortable unless we get to name ‘em.

- Laura Moncur

No comments: