Tuesday, March 30, 2010



Word of the Day

Squibbly - Tiny; small; minute; a small piece of something.


It's Sis' birthday today!


Happy


Birthday


Sis!




I KNOW I missed blogging yesterday! HTP and I were busy. We raked all the leaves from the front gardens and dragged all the leaves off to the woods. I don't have your typical two foot wide perimeter flower gardens. My front flower beds take up the majority of my whole front yard. It takes time to rake off all the leaves that the surrounding forest deposits on my flower beds. Then...after a bit of recuperation, HTP and I raked and sucked up the leaves from my raspberry batch by the side of the garage and from Blueberry Hill. Thank goodness for electric leaf-blower/sucker/mulchers. However, needless to say, we were both exhausted by the time we decided to call it quits. We still have more work to do but...maybe next week. It's best to allow the back muscles time to recover before major damage sets in.

However, if the weather hadn't been so windy today...I may have continued with my spring yard clean-up. The ground is still frozen so it makes leaf removal a bit easier. Unfortunately, it has been majorly windy today so even the beds that HTP and I worked on yesterday are collecting leaves from the surrounding woods. *sigh* There's not much more frustrating than fighting the wind while raking leaves. We're also supposed to be getting some rain so... Maybe we'll continue our yard work next week...weather and sore muscles permitting.

Random Thought of the Day

Why don't woodpeckers get headaches when they slam their head on a tree all day?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.

- Leo Tolstoy (1828 - 1910)

No comments: