Thursday, November 27, 2003

Happy Thanksgiving! My turkey (free range) is stuffed and baking in the oven. I made the sweet potatoes with brown sugar and pineapple and it's waiting in the fridge for just the right time for the marshmallow topping. The green bean casserole is also waiting in the fridge for just the right time for the French's Onion topping. My son has already made one trip to the store to buy the rolls that I forgot to buy yesterday. Oops! I think I have it all now. I peeled the potatoes and they're resting in a bowl of water waiting for...just the right moment.... to be cooked for the mashed potatoes. Cooking at Thanksgiving is definitely all about timing. Everything has to be cooked at precisely the right time in order for everything to reach the table at the same time...warm would be nice. Oh! And I didn't forget the cranberries. I cooked the cranberries this morning too. They're cooling in the fridge. I made dill pickles three weeks ago. Yes. They're in the fridge too along with the olives (green and black). The butter is sitting out too (just this morning) so people won't have to chip off a piece for their rolls...which my son just bought. My daughter is bringing pie for dessert. I think I'm going to make her set the table for old times sake. The feast will start at 2 PM. Hopefully. If I have the timing right. Not to worry. Today's Thanksgiving and we'll eat when we eat and we'll eat when the food's on the table. Thanksgiving is more then about the food anyway and there's always a lot to be thankful for this year. If we can't be thankful for the things that we do have then maybe we should try being thankful for the things that we don't have. I'm thankful that we don't have snow. Some of you may be thankful that you do have snow. Whatever makes your day. Happy Thanksgiving!

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Inertia is the tendency of all objects and matter in the universe to stay still, or if moving, to continue moving in the same direction, unless acted on by some outside force. This seems to be a ruling phenomenon in my life. Either I remain still and inactive or I run around like a speed demon dragging everyone behind me like a speeding comet. Today I'm a comet.

No comments: