Thursday, November 06, 2003

I'm still tired from all the activity surrounding my daughter's wedding. I suppose I shall eventually recover. There's so much to do between now and the first of the year. We have to prepare the house so we can sell it. We have to figure out where to put all this stuff. Just like there is no way that one can fit a square peg into a round hole, one can not fit the accumulated years of stuff from a 3000 square foot house into a 1900 square foot house. It just isn't going to happen. There's this wonderful program on TV right now where they go to people's homes and organize them. They take everything out of the house and make them sort it into three piles. Things to throw away, things to sell at a garage sale(that which doesn't sell is donated), and things to keep. Sounds like a plan to me. Things to throw away, things to sell at a garage sale or donate, and things that are kept...here or moved to Wisconsin. Only problem will be that I hate to get rid of anything. One never knows when one may need the very thing that one gets rid of but one knows for certain that this usually occurs one week after one gets rid of said object.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Gangster Al Capone's business card listed him as a "second-hand furniture dealer". I may have to see if his descendants are still in the business.

No comments: