Saturday, November 29, 2003

Well I'm certainly glad I avoided shopping at Walmart yesterday. Today I'm just going to sit home and knit. A Christmas stocking for my son-in-law. Took me a bit to remember how to "cast on" since I haven't knitted anything for a long long time but it all came back to me. Kind of like riding a bike. I'll worry about the rest of the Christmas stuff next week. There's time. Right?

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Heinke Kamerlingh Omnes, a Dutch physicist, discovered superconductivity in 1911. It wasn't until 1972 that the modern theory regarding the phenomenon was developed by three American physicists. John Bardeen, Leon N. Cooper, and John Robert Schrieffer. Superconductivity is a condition in which many metals, alloys, organic compounds and ceramics conduct electricity without resistance, usually at low temperatures.

No comments: