Monday, December 01, 2003

If you have an Advent Calendar, today is the day that you should open up that first little door. You've got 24 more little doors to open. No cheating! You can only open door number 1. For all the rest of you, you've got 24 more days before Christmas.

So much time and so little to do. Don't I wish. I did finish the Christmas stocking for my son-in-law. Witness, I didn't blog yesterday. It's almost finished. I still have to find the correct color yarn to embroider his name on it but it's all knitted and the seams are all sewn. I dig around in my yarn collection (doesn't everyone keep a collection of yarn in their closet?) to see if I can find that yarn today. You'd think I'd be able to find something that approximates the correct color in all those bags and tubs of yarn in the closet. Failing that, I'll have to make the life threatening trip to Walmart. Wish me luck!
I didn't just spend my time knitting yesterday. I also started on my annual Christmas letter. I wish I'd kept my father's old Christmas letters so I could look up and see how he handled weddings and son-in-laws in those letters. It sure has been an interesting experience. I wonder if my daughter is going to start her own annual Christmas letter now that she's married? I wrote my first Christmas letter when I got married 25 years ago. I didn't even have a computer back then. Of course, Tina and John don't have a computer yet either. At least I had a typewriter. Maybe I should see if I can find that old typewriter and loan it to them. I think it's in the garage.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

For all you people out there eager to start fireplace fires to chase away the winter chill, you may be interested to know that the paper you plan to use as kindling ignites at 450°F.

No comments: