Thursday, December 18, 2003

If you have an Advent Calendar, today is the day that you should open up that eighteenth little door. You've only got 7 more little doors to open. No cheating! You can only open door number 18. For all the rest of you, you've only got 7 more days before Christmas. That's only one short week people. Time is now speeding by at twice its normal speed, though I'm sure everything will still be just fine. But you only have one week before Christmas so you'd better get moving.

One week! I'm still in control. Just wrapping presents and those last few batches of cookies to make. If I don't make my chocolate mousse cake for the neighborhood Christmas party, people are going to be disappointed. The raspberries are in the fridge. I just have to make the cake today so it'll chill in the fridge overnight. I'll glaze and add the finishing touches tomorrow. Dare I say that my husband has offered to wrap presents today? I'll let you know if this actually comes to pass. If I find a bit of time, I'll even see if I can fit some music into the equation. I really should practice my clarinet since I have to play for two services on Sunday and another service on Christmas Eve. I'll leave the final cleaning of my house for the weekend.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

A barrel of oil weighs about 306 pounds and contains 42 U.S. gallons. This is as political as I plan to get.

No comments: