Sunday, December 28, 2003

We've only got 3 more days in 2003. That may either be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your outlook. I prefer to look at it as a good thing.

I got a pedometer for Christmas. No. My husband did not commit the ultimate sin and get me this device as a present. I did. I was curious as to how much running around I did on any given day. Apparently, I don't run around as much as I thought I did. I certainly don't step the recommended 10,000 steps a day. Not even close. I think the best I've done so far is 8,000. Right now, I've only walked 4,387 steps today. Part of that is because I've been playing Bingo on the computer but you'd think I would have stepped a few more steps then that since I went shopping and ran some errands. Oh well. 10,000 steps is the goal. Eventually. Not today. And the day isn't over yet either. But somehow I doubt I'll be stepping over 5,000 more steps today. Someone has to cook the supper. Someone has to read that book that is beckoning me from the bedside table. Someone still wants to play a few more games of Pogo Bingo.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

California was not the site of the first U.S. gold rush. The first U.S. gold rush started when a boy found a 17-pound nugget on his father's farm in North Carolina, in 1803. This gold rush supplied all the gold for the nation's mints until 1829.

No comments: