Saturday, December 20, 2003

If you have an Advent Calendar, today is the day that you should open up that twentieth little door. You've only got 5 more little doors to open. No cheating! By now, you will have either cheated and opened all the doors or you've got greater control then I. But...you can only open door number 20. For all the rest of you, you've only got 5 more days before Christmas. Be nice to someone today while you're out racing around. Signal your turns and lane changes. Don't talk on your cell phone while you're driving.

My husband did indeed help me with all the present wrapping. It's all done. I made my last batch of cookies this morning. The cake I made for the neighborhood party was a big hit. I was only able to save one small piece for my orphan son who had stayed home to entertain friends with a LAN party and pizza fete. Today will be spent cleaning up after the messy friends and my son. The last of the guest computer systems will be removed by 3 PM and my house will be back to pre-LAN party order. I've never seen so much equipment outside of a college computer lab.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

American naturalist John Muir (1838-1914) was the founder of conservation and the founder of the Sierra Club. He fought for the preservation of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California, and the creation of Yosemite National Park.

No comments: