Thursday, December 04, 2003

If you have an Advent Calendar, today is the day that you should open up that fourth little door. You've got 21 more little doors to open. No cheating! You can only open door number 4. For all the rest of you, you've got 21 more days before Christmas.

I am slowly decorating the house for Christmas. Slowly is the operative word here. I put up the tree today. All four feet of it. I still have to decorate that tree but since the lights came already attached, at least I don't have to dig out strings of lights to test. All I have to do is dig out the ornaments. I also put up my Dicken's 12 Days of Christmas figurines. Maybe I'll tackle putting out the snowglobes tomorrow. At this rate I'll finish decorating the house for Christmas on Christmas and then I'll have to start putting it all away again.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

How to Make a Chemical Garden

Mix 4 Tbsp. of bluing, 4 Tbsp. of salt, and 1 Tbsp. household ammonia. Pour this mixture over pieces of coal in a dish or bowl. Put several drops of red or green ink or mercurochrome on various parts of the coal and leave undisturbed for several days.

A crystal garden, a dishful of crystals that grow like plants and look like coral, will begin to form. How soon the crystals begin to form depends upon the temperatures and humidity in the room.

No comments: