Monday, December 15, 2003

If you have an Advent Calendar, today is the day that you should open up that fifteenth little door. You've only got 10 more little doors to open. No cheating! You can only open door number 15. For all the rest of you, you've only got 10 more days before Christmas. Time is now speeding by at twice its normal speed, though I'm sure everything will be just fine. If you're a kid or a chocoholic, you've already opened all those little doors anyway and the Advent Calendar is sitting in the corner all covered with dust.

I made four batches of spritz today and three loaves of lemon bread. I may have to break my diet and try the lemon bread to make sure that it tastes OK. I haven't made that recipe since my oldest daughter was in pre-school. With a whole tree overloaded with lemons in the backyard, I thought I should make some attempt at making something with them. Waste not, want not. I wonder if my Mom and Dad want some lemons...or what about my Aunt and Uncle who live in Las Vegas. I'll have to make sure and bring them some. I may make some more lemon bread. The recipe says it freezes well.

I'll have to make the pizzelle first and the meringues too. My son keeps on reminding me that I need to make the meringues. And then my sister wrote and said she planned to make meringues, so now she's going to think that I got the idea from her but they're my son's absolute favorites and he never lets me forget to make them. I won't put nuts in them though...so I guess my meringues will be different then her meringues.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Glass is a liguid. It just flows really slowly. You've heard of the expression, "He/She/It moves slower then molasses in January"? Glass is a lot slower then that.

No comments: