Wednesday, December 10, 2003

If you have an Advent Calendar, today is the day that you should open up that tenth little door. You've got 15 more little doors to open. No cheating! You can only open door number 10. For all the rest of you, you've got 15 more days before Christmas.

I unpacked all my snowglobes and found places to put them throughout the house. Usually I only unpack a few to display each Christmas but this year I went all out and unpacked them all. There really is a method to my madness. Since we're going to be selling this house next year I'm really going to have to pack things in a more secure manner for moving. The way I see it. Taking all the snowglobes out is actually a precursor to packing them for the move to the new house. I'm planning on doing the same thing when I pack away the ornaments for the tree. See how efficient I am? Oh. And today I went to Fry's Electronics and I didn't buy anything. Of course, the General was with me at the time so maybe I should pat myself on the back too hard. I definitely wouldn't have been there in the first place if he hadn't needed to buy some computer dohikey.
I did stop at the PetSmart and buy dog food. The guy at the checkout stand was surprised that I was buying a 40# sack of the stuff since all I have are too tiny little chihuahuas. Hey! It's cheaper to buy one 40# sack then buy four 10# sacks. Makes sense to me. Now I won't have to buy dog food until Wisconsin. Meanwhile, while I was hauling sacks of dog food with my daughter (I actually bought another smaller sack of treat dog food too to mix in with the healthy stuff) my husband and my son-in-law drooled over electric guitars at the nearby Guitar Store. One of the Gibson's was actually $6000. I don't think the General needs another guitar...at least not one in that price range.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

An average of 10 inches of snow is equal to one inch of water. Heavy, wet snow has a high water content; four to five inches may contain one inch of water. A dry, powdery snow may require 15 inches of snow to equal one inch of water. We sure could use a bunch of that wet snow up in the high country of Arizona this year. The lakes around here are looking pretty puny.

No comments: