Saturday, December 06, 2003

If you have an Advent Calendar, today is the day that you should open up that sixth little door. You've got 19 more little doors to open. No cheating! You can only open door number 6. For all the rest of you, you've got 19 more days before Christmas.

We went to the last Italian class today. I think we need more lessons. I only know enough right now to know that I don't speak Italian...but I can tell you in Italian that I don't speak Italian. That's progress. Oh...and I can ask you what your name is and where the bathroom is. Definite progress.

Progress is being made on the home front too. The new home front. We drove over to our lot to check things out and the footprint of the house is taking shape. They've dug a trench around the entire outline of the house footing and it looks like they plan to put up forms for the slab next. I didn't bring my camera so I'll have to swing by next week to document the progress.

Woohoo! Hamilton High School won their state championship football game tonight! I'm not really a football fan but our son marches in the band so we braved the crowds and the traffic to attend the game at Arizona State University's football arena. The game promised to become really depressing after the opposing team immediately scored two touchdowns but things looked up from there. The game went into overtime(s) with the score at 14-14. Then it was tied at 21-21. Then it was tied at 28-28. It was a real nailbiter. In the last overtime, Hamilton scored another touchdown and then more important, prevented the opposing team from tying the score yet again. Woohoo! The final score was 35-28. Go Hamilton Huskies! The band marched brilliantly and sounded great throughout the game. Go Band! As a senior, this was a great way to finish up the marching season.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Since 29.53 days pass between full moons (a synodial month), there is never a blue moon in February.

No comments: