Saturday, December 13, 2003

If you have an Advent Calendar, today is the day that you should open up that thirteenth little door. You've only got 12 more little doors to open. No cheating! You can only open door number 13. For all the rest of you, you've only got 12 more days before Christmas. You've passed the halfway mark and if you're at all behind in your preparations, time will speed by at twice its normal speed. However, if you're a young person without a care in the world, time will slow down and pass at a snail's pace.

The snowball cookies are all baked and hidden along with the Jan Hagel. I made the fruitcake bars today but I don't think I'll have to hide those since I'm the only one who really likes them besides my Mom and Dad and they're not here yet. I was going to make the fudge but I ran out of nuts. Nuts! I was just at the store and I forgot the nuts. I'll go get some tomorrow after church. Instead I'll make the peanut brittle. I don't classify peanuts as nuts since they grow under the ground. Kind of like potatoes. I'm not really fond of peanuts, though they do taste pretty good, salted and roasted in their shells with beer. And peanut brittle just isn't peanut brittle without the peanuts. And I do like peanut butter and jam sandwiches if I'm starving to death and can't find anything else to eat.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Frankincense is an aromatic resin obtained by tapping the trunks of trees belonging to the genus Boswellia. The milky resin hardens when exposed to the air and forms irregular lumps--the form in which it is usually marketed.


No comments: