Wednesday, December 17, 2003

If you have an Advent Calendar, today is the day that you should open up that seventeenth little door. You've only got 8 more little doors to open. No cheating! You can only open door number 17. For all the rest of you, you've only got 8 more days before Christmas. Time is now speeding by at twice its normal speed, though I'm sure everything will be just fine. But you only have a little more then a week before Christmas so you'd better get moving.

OK. I made the pizzelle today. I still have to make the meringues. And now my blog isn't working too well. For some reason my identity and password have been lost. What? This sure is weird. They keep changing things on me. It's like I never existed but I do. Pout!

My daughter fixed it but I had to change my identity. I don't know what happened. Sigh. Now I have to log on as a different person. But I'm still me. Good old stodgy, ultra conservative me. And to top it all off, they changed the format on me for writing this thing and I liked the old way better. Complaints. Nothing but complaints.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

The best varieties of wood to use in a wood-burning stove are: hickory, beech, oak, yellow birch, ash, hornbeam, sugar maple, and apple. These types of wood have a high heat value. One cord equals 200-250 gallons of fuel oil or 250-300 cubic feet of natural gas.

No comments: