Sunday, November 23, 2003

I don't understand what's going on with my internet server today. It's been working, kinda. Kinda hit or miss. Right now it's kind of missing. Half my blog from yesterday is missing...but not on my main page. I can live with it. My Outlook Express is totally confused. Good thing it checks every minute because some minutes it can't connect. Some minutes it can. I gave up on playing my Pogo game. Good thing I have some books to read.
I tend to slurp down books like a good dish of ice cream. I devour them rapidly as if they'll melt before I finish and then I stare dejectedly at them like one would stare at an empty bowl knowing that the next dish of ice cream is still at some grocery store somewhere in some forgotten world. Sigh. I stock up on "ice cream" whenever possible. Thankfully I have a few books in reserve which I haven't read yet and unlike real ice cream, books can be read over and over again and I have shelves and shelves of my favorites which I keep to my husband's dismay. One of my favorite authors is coming out with a new book next week. I can hardly wait.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

A bucket of water that has been heated or boiled and then allowed to cool then a bucket of cold water at the same temperature. For some reason, previously heated water forms denser ice then unheated water, which is why hot-water pipes tend to burst before cold-water pipes. I am so hoping that the plumber I hired to winterize the water pipes at our lakehome in Wisconsin managed to do his job before this "little" snowstorm hit which I hear has hit the area. Even though we keep the heat on at our lakehome, we have the water turned off and the pipes drained....just in case.

No comments: