Friday, November 21, 2003

Woohoo! No Italian class tomorrow. The teacher is sick. OK. I'm sorry that the teacher is sick. I'm not feeling all that well myself. Colds. What can you do? They're a reality. But I'm happy that I don't have class tomorrow because now I can put off doing my homework that I should have done already but haven't. Procrastination. Gotta love it.
I may just sleep in tomorrow. With a pending cold this may be the perfect solution. Unfortunately dogs still need to be fed, walked and watered. Usually at predawn- thirty. I'm going to prep my coffee-maker tonight so I don't have to think too much tomorrow at predawn-thirty. Did you ever notice how difficult it is to separate those stupid coffee filters (just get one) before your brain has really had an opportunity to wake up? How do they manage to package those suckers so tightly packed together? I actually spent about a half an hour the other day, in the afternoon while I was fully conscious, separating just a few of them so I could be prepared in the predawn mornings to make my coffee. Let's not get ridiculous. I'm not an engineer. I know that if I should read the owner's manual I can "program" the coffeemaker to brew a perfect pot of coffee, ready, waiting for me, in the predawn hours of the morning. Ever have a coffeemaker fail? Did you ever have to clean up after a coffeepot that spewed its contents over the entire surrounding environs of your kitchen? I have. Repeatedly. I'm still cleaning coffee grounds out of my knife drawer. And this is when I've been "watching". I don't trust these suckers. Not a minute. I'll only go so far as to load the thing. I refuse to actually program it to fire.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

The Oreo is the world's bestselling cookie. Over five billion are sold every year. And that's just in America. And there's no hiding the fact that you've snuck a couple of those suckers from someone on a diet. The telltale evidence on your tongue and teeth will give you away every time. Kinda like that telltale smell of a McDonald's gourmand meal.

No comments: