Friday, January 05, 2007

Myspace Layouts
Myspace Layouts


Word of the Day

Yawnison - Yawning in unison.


I finally got off my over-sized rear and checked to see if there are still any citrus groves here in The Valley of the Sun. HTP had his doubts. New highways. New housing developements. New malls and shopping centers. However, yes indeed Virginia, there still are citrus groves, growing citrus somewhere here in The Valley. They aren't exactly next door to where we live but they aren't impossible to find. When I called one of the two that I was able to find in the phone book this morning, I was told that regretfully, they don't always have many orange culls (seconds). I asked about lemon culls and was told...no problemo. Lots of lemon culls. Woohoo! I can make my Limoncello. I've got almost four months left here to make it. That should be enough time....if I get off my duff. I'll be making lots of lemon meringue pie now too. I hate to waste all that lemon juice. You only need the lemon zest for Limoncello. I wonder if I can devise a recipe for sugarfree lemon curd to use in lemon bars. Oh well...that's why I have a freezer. Juice the lemons and freeze the juice in portions until I find time to deal with it later.

Murphyism of the Day

Gray's Law of Programming


"N+1" trivial tasks are expected to be accomplished in the same time as "n" tasks.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"I was provided with addtional input that was radically different from the truth. I assisted in furthering that version." -Colonel Oliver North, from his Iran-Contra testimony

No comments: