Thursday, January 25, 2007




Word of the Day

Abbreveil - To shorten words in a sentence or text to a point where no meaning can be construed from it.


I slurped down two books yesterday. Despite all promises, my house remains as dusty as it was before I decided to sit down to read...just one chapter. However, not to worry, I also worked on a baby afghan. I'm making two. When I went to the store the other day to buy yarn, I indulged myself. There were so many colors. I was dazzled. I couldn't decide. So...I'm making two afghans. I still don't know if I'm going to have a Grandson or a Grand-daughter. I'm making one afghan...just in case I have a Grandson (I can store it away if it isn't needed right away) and I'm making one afghan...just in case I have a Grand-daughter (I can store it away if it isn't needed right away). I could have picked colors that would have done for both but...I like making afghans. I also plan on making a matching "dikey".

Dikey? That's what we always called it. The word came from HTP's side of the family. A "dikey" is a really soft baby blanket that a child will form a bond with and end up carrying around until it has been totally worn out and ends up looking a lot more like an old rag. Loved into almost total erosion. I promise to make two. When it comes to a "dikey", smart parents always make sure that they have at least two. HTP's "dikey" ended up as a small piece satin trim. I'm sure I used to have a "dikey" but I bonded Goaty. My Grandmother ended up having to re-upholster him. Goaty is fine and currently living in our guestroom.

I don't like quilting. With my sewing machine phobia, making a baby quilt might just push me over into a minor mental breakdown. I'll leave baby quilt making to GI Joe's Mom. She's the master quilter. HTP's Mom quilts too but she hasn't done any quilting for a while. However, the last time I talked to her, she was busy knitting something for her first Great-Grandchild. She said something about a sweater and booties.

Murphyism of the Day

Wincorn's Law


There are three kinds of people. Those who can count and those who can't.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

It's time for the human race to enter the solar system! -- Dan Quayle, on the concept of a manned mission to Mars.

No comments: