Saturday, January 13, 2007




Word of the Day

Zeesnoristan - Land of sleep.


Where did the time go? #1 Son will be heading back to college tomorrow morning. He doesn't appear to be too eager about returning to the frozen tundra but...only a year and a half left before he graduates. Knock on wood. Minnesotans and former Minnesotans spend a lot of time knocking on wood. We're just weird that way. We actually believe that you can't say anything positive without jinxing things...unless we knock on wood. Then it's OK. Knock on wood.

Last night Arizona Daughter came over for supper. I think she and #1 Son plan on going out tonight for one last get-together before he leaves. Though, from what I'm hearing, Arizona Daughter and her husband plan on moving at the end of March. Arizona Daughter seems intent upon forcing me to change her name. She'll become Minnesota Daughter. They'll be seeing #1 Son again before HTP and me. It's rather strange how #1 Son is so eager to get out of the cold of Minnesota while Arizona Daughter and her husband are so eager to get there.

It's supposed to freeze tonight...tomorrow night...and the next night. Here in the desert southwest. She Who Dances With Sheets (Old Grey Frog) will be heading outside this afternoon to....dance with sheets. There still are frost/freeze sensitive plants that remain in my landscaping. I just can't abandon them. I plan to cover them...with sheets...and leave them covered until Tuesday? All depends upon the forecast. Right now it's slightly overcast but I can see blue skies peeking through. When the blanket of clouds clear out, the cold will settle in with a vengence. I suppose I'd better go out and harvest that grapefruit too.

Murphyism of the Day

John's Collateral Corollary


In order to get a loan you must first prove you don't need it.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very low crime rate.
-- Marion Barry, mayor of Washington, D.C.

No comments: