Sunday, January 07, 2007

Myspace Layouts
Myspace Layouts



Word of the Day

Yibbling - To eat noisily.


#1 Son came to watch me play at the church this morning. I got a kick out of watching him in the front pew...trying his darnedest to keep two little boys from disrupting the third service. Two of my friend's grandchildren were attending church this morning, sans their Mom and Dad. Grandma was playing the flute to my clarinet. So? #1 Son did his diplomatic best to keep these two boys from acting out too much. It reminded me a bit of when I myself was a choir orphan. One of the women of the church (I seem to remember that her husband sang in the choir) would take care of all of the children of the choir members whenever the choir was singing. We were referred to as "choir orphans". I'm sure that we were perfectly well behaved....but I'm not going to bet the book on it. Actually, these two little boys that #1 Son kept a weather eye on, were pretty well behaved for two little boys. It's just that #1 Son isn't very experienced as yet in keeping "choir orphans" in line...or in this case, "contemporary group orphans".

Murphyism of the Day

Weinberg's Law


Progress is made on alternate Fridays.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty equally."
-Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister

No comments: