Sunday, January 14, 2007




Word of the Day

Zizzasterous - All hell has broken loose; beyond disasterous.


It froze last night. I mean it REALLY froze. The ice in my fountain was so thick that it didn't melt until well past noon. Although I did cover my plants last night, they really don't look all that good. I can only hope that they'll be able to recover. It was 24°F when I got up this morning. It's supposed to freeze again tonight. I didn't even bother removing the sheets. The temperature outside right now is 46°F. Cold. We're supposed to have two more nights of this...at least.

HTP and I took #1 Son to the airport this morning. Afterwards, HTP and I decided to treat ourselves to breakfast at Denny's. Don't knock Denny's. They make a decent breakfast. We were going to try for a brunch somewhere but decided that we really didn't need brunch. So, we went to Denny's and called it brunch.

Murphyism of the Day

Brien's Law


At some time in the life cycle of virtually every organization, its ability to succeed in spite of itself runs out.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, "Thank God, I'm still alive." But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again.
-- Sen. Barbara Boxer, (D, Calif.)

No comments: