Sunday, January 21, 2007




Word of the Day

Zzzocks - Bed socks


HTP tells me that I may have to run out and cover my plants again tonight so they won't freeze. At this point I'm not sure if it's worth the bother because the things that I would want to cover already look pretty much frozen to death. However, I suppose they just might be playing possum so I'll cover them anyway...just in case they may decide to try and resurrect themselves, by some miracle, in the spring. As for the temperature today? The high reached all the way to 47°F. How low will it go?

I spent another half and hour on the phone this morning with tech support for my new phone. HTP told me that I should call someone for a minute so I don't get charged the $4 service fee our provider charges if you don't use the phone. Since I didn't want to spend more than 15-cents for a minute long call, I called myself. I called the land line number and answered it. Much to my consternation, the caller-ID claimed I was someone other than myself. So...I called tech support. Maybe it wouldn't have taken so long if they hadn't hung up on me while I was on hold. I had to start all over...in other words...I got put at the back of the hold line. *Sigh* Eventually, I did end up talking to someone who put me on hold again where I had to wait for another person to talk to me. That person filled out some e-mail form and told me that the problem should be fixed in 48-72 hours. So...if you happen to get a call from me and I happen to be using my cell phone when I call you, your caller-ID will tell you that a complete stranger is calling you...at least...for the next 48-72 hours. Then...he tells me...if I'm still having the problem, I need to call tech support. Again. How come HTP isn't having all these problems with his phone?

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Bank Mergers


1. What's good for your bank is not good for you.

2. Your local branch will be the first one closed.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

(extending his hand during a campaign stop): I'm Dan Quayle. Who are you?
Woman: I'm your Secret Service agent.

No comments: