Tuesday, January 16, 2007




Word of the Day

Zompumatic - A cross between a zombie and a computer fanatic.


Random Thoughts

You know, on occasion random thoughts lead to whole blog ideas for me. Sometimes, they remain as random thoughts which dwell in the back of my mind, only to come back and occasionally goose me...but not hard enough for me to actually remember them and expound them into a full blog or they just fade into total oblivion when I forget about them. Sometimes I keep some random thoughts untold or unspoken because...well...they aren't exactly appropriate. So....?

I remember one time, when HTP and I were traveling to Las Vegas with his parents. I still wonder if she didn't purposely go out of her way to tweak my "OMG...What do I say?!" button on this particular trip. HTP and I have mapped the appropriate rest stops from our home to Las Vegas. How long can you actually travel before you need to stop...to take care of pressing business? HTP and I have noted that there are exactly three such stops that one can/should make between our home and Las Vegas. Otherwise you're going to have to try and take care of business behind a saguaro cactus or jojoba bush or Joshua Tree. So...on this particular trip on which we were traveling with HTP's folks, we'd stopped at one of our designated rest stops. I went into the "rest stop" with HTP's Mom. I'd never paid too much in depth attention to the coin operated machines that decorate and advertise their wares on the walls of the "rest stops" that we frequent on our trips to Las Vegas. They were always there, screaming their advertising wares but...I'd never paid too much attention. Such was not the case on this particular trip...at least...not with HTP's Mom. Pssst!...came an almost politically correct whisper....followed by a subtle giggle. "What are those?" Ummmmm....cough...cough....I mean...this was my husband's Mom...ummm...sigh... "They're condoms." Actually, HTP and I used to refer to them as latex toys but I figured that I'd end up having to translate "latex toys" so I went ahead with and saved myself from having to translate. "Condoms?!.....Really?!....They sell them in machines in the restrooms?! Wow! Colors?! Ribbed?! Wow! " Geez! I'm supposed to discuss this sort of stuff with HTP's Mom? Maybe some day I can totally embarrass my daughter-in-law. Gotta love it.

And then....I was in a "rest stop" on our way back from our latest trip from Las Vegas. These sort of random thoughts often seem occur in the Women's Room. And I was thinking...when did they decide to make "cigars" in dayglow, neon green? See what I mean? Random thoughts. In my day, "cigars" were either served in white cardboard, or plastic pink. I haven't had to deal with " cigars" or "mattresses" in ages. There are advantages to old age. Do I need to translate? Actually, my friends and I decided to use the term "cigar" for certain feminine hygiene products. My daughters introduced me to the term "mattress" to refer to other feminine hygiene products. I wonder if my daughters adopted "Carlos" as that demonic individual who brandished a machete as he smoked his nasty cigar when he came to visit each month? Actually, now that I think about it, I seem to remember them talking about visits from Aunt Flo. They didn't get Aunt Flo from me. Must have been one of their friends. Anyway, as a random thought, neon green? When did that happen?

Now...I bet you're wondering about those random thoughts that I've had that were too inappropriate to air in my blog.

Murphyism of the Day

Linton's Law


Growth is directly proportional to promises made; profit is inversely proportional to promises kept.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

You read what Disraeli had to say. I don't remember what he said. He said something. He's no longer with us. -- Bob Dole

No comments: