Friday, January 26, 2007




Word of the Day

Abdicake - To give up the last piece of cake to someone else.


I went to see the eye doctor today to see if I would be a good candidate for lasik surgery or the like. Unfortunately, the gal that made my appointment a month ago made a mistake. She made my appointment with the wrong doctor. *Sigh* Wasted trip...however, they didn't charge me anything. I should hope not. It was their fault. I should have charged them for my wasted time and gas. Anyhoo, on Monday, I'll have to call them to schedule another appointment. I guess the evaluation appointment is quite long and involved. Fine with me. Actually, this might be better. If they're going to dilate my eyes and all, it will be better to have HTP with me. Only...that's what I thought they'd be doing today so I'd psyched myself up for it and all. Patience. I've been living with glasses most of my life. Another month or so won't make much difference in that that grand timeline of life. And...I need to prep myself for the possibility that I'm not someone that can have this done.

So, at least I got to go shopping with Arizona Daughter. Books. And, a new purse. And, Thai lettuce wraps at The Cheesecake Factory.

Murphyism of the Day

The Fauvre Principle


Money earned in your own business will be lost in someone else's business.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix." --Dan Quayle

No comments: