Wednesday, January 17, 2007




Word of the Day

Zonkers - WOW!


My new experiment with orange-infused/Limoncello-style liqueur is going just fine but my Spanish language background sneakily snuck in when I wasn't really paying too much attention. I can't call the new liqueur Narancello. That's too Spanish. I'm making a liqueur that is related to an Italian liqueur. I need an Italian name. So...I looked up the proper Italian word for orange, oranges, and orange grove this morning while I was sipping on my one and only cup of morning coffee. After much thought, I've decided to call the new liqueur, Arancello. And guess what? I could have saved myself a whole lot of bother if I'd just checked on the internet. Arancello exists...therefore, my experiment isn't as experimental as my sister and I had thought. However, you'd have to know the Italian word for orange before you could even morph it into a liqueur-style name before you could check on the internet to see if it already exists. So, yet again, my linguistic knowledge has been proven logical and correct...even if it does occasionally get side-tracked and muddled with Spanish.

Word of the Day

Gerard's Law


When there are sufficient funds in the checking account, checks take two weeks to clear. When there are insufficient funds, checks clear overnight.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl. -- Marion Barry

No comments: