Thursday, March 19, 2009


Even the Pomegranate Tree is Going to Bloom.

Word of the Day

Phonesia - 1.The affliction of dialing a phone number and forgetting whom you were calling just as they answer. 2. Getting to the end of a list of options on a recorded helpline number, only to forget which option one wanted; forcing them to listen to them again, and in some cases having to redial the number.


It's supposed to get up into the 90's here in Arizona today. I closed my windows. The indoor temperature is 71 degrees right now. I'm hoping that closing the windows will make it possible not to use our air-conditioner. I will use it if it gets to warm indoors but our house is well insulated so I don't think it'll become necessary until the temperatures reach into triple digits.

With the warmer temperatures, like the swallows returning to Capistrano, my allergies also have returned. I've had to resort to using allergy medications. I either have to use them or live with constant sneezing and a fountain where my nose used to be located...not a pretty sight. However, the medicines tend to leave me in a constant state of exhaustion. I know that I could take the non-drowsy allergy medicines but...they don't seem to work all that well. Long before I can take the next dose, my nose starts racing and HTP starts complaining that the noise I make while sneezing is scaring the neighbors.

Murphyism of the Day

Golomb's Don'ts of Mathematical Modeling - Number Five


Don't distort reality to fit the model.

Catchphrase - "The 'Procrustes Method.'"

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Action is at bottom a swinging and flailing of the arms to regain one's balance and keep afloat.

- Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4 comments:

D. Skippy said...

It's either making that noise or peeing in your pants. Which does he prefer?

(never truly understood this until I had kids)

Old Grey Frog said...

Dang! Don't make me laugh like that! Race you to the bathroom! Kind of like musical chairs when you've got three women, all having to go to the bathroom and only two stalls. LOL. You snooze, you...time for the Depends. LOL.

D. Skippy said...

Or like Parris Island. Only then it was 5 stalls, and 50+ girls, and only 2 minutes to get everyone in and out.

You know, I STILL have a habit of unbuttoning my pants and getting ready to yank them down long before I get to the toilet? That was a bad one right after graduation. I had to unlearn that skill when I was in public. Almost did it in a restaurant, once.

D. Skippy said...

P.S. I can still get in and done and out before Rob whenever we go out. He's always surprised at that.

(The security word for this comment is "jarboard" -- sounds like a USMC forum.)