Wednesday, March 18, 2009


Hummingbird on Guard Duty

Word of the Day

Philantropic - Describing anyone who dispenses aid from funds set aside for humanitarian purposes only to those in countries located on or near the equator.


My folks arrived safe and sound at their Nevada home yesterday. My Mom no sooner than hit town, went shopping and bought three corned beef briskets. She told me that she and Dad were going to have PB&J sandwiches for lunch and then they were going to go out again to buy some cabbage, carrots, and potatoes.

My Ethiopian Cabbage dish was wonderful. I'm putting it in the keeper file. It tasted wonderful with the corned beef last night. I had more of it this morning with breakfast. It was kind of like fancied up hash browns or one of those skillet breakfasts that they serve at Village Inn....only better. Yummm!!!! And all for me...because HTP has never been a fan of this sort of thing.

I'm a bit sore today due to all of my re-decorating activities. On top of that, I was doing a lot of bending and stooping, working on getting rid of the furnidents that were left in the carpet. Ice cubes. I couldn't totally remove the furnidents but I...ummm...put a dent in them.
I'm sure they'll eventually disappear.

Murphyism of the Day

Golomb's Don'ts of Mathematical Modeling - Number Four


Don't believe that the model is the reality.

Catchphrase - "Don't eat the menu."

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Nothing in life is promised except death.

- Kanye West

No comments: