Thursday, March 05, 2009



Where are you planning on sticking that needle?!


Word of the Day

Pepsocrust - The hardened and flaky material that encrusts the cap of a tube of toothpaste. This material, although unpleasant, can be used as a last resort when the toothpaste finally runs out.


Yesterday was another long day spent at the eye doctor. Poor HTP has been diagnosed and has started treatment for a partially blocked ocular vein. Once again, it really doesn't matter what time you make your appointment, you might as well figure that you'll be camping out for a while. I ended up finishing the last Sudoku in my 200 puzzle harder than hard Sudoku puzzle book. I've got another book (started) here at home but I'd better start looking for another couple more puzzle books. HTP and I weren't the only ones who were camping out at the doctor's office yesterday...or on Monday. There was a LOT of grumbling going on. We didn't get home until 6 PM. HTP's appointment was supposed to be at 2 PM. Actually, I was sitting in shock and awe as I watched the one single doctor race from room to room...shocked at the juggling. I have no idea how he kept track of everyone and what had to be done to who.

Today? My duet partner is coming over for a practice today after lunch. We were supposed to practice yesterday but I was able to reschedule. I really should practice the music before he gets here. I'm sure he's been practicing on a daily basis. I went through the music on Sunday but haven't dusted off my clarinet since then.

Murphyism of the Day

Tylcsak's Probability Postulate


Random events tend to occur in groups.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I would visualize things coming to me. It would just make me feel better. Visualization works if you work hard. That's the thing. You can't just visualize and go eat a sandwich.

- Jim Carrey

No comments: