Sunday, March 22, 2009


A Warm Day at Our Arizona Home

Word of the Day

Photographiends - Troublesome children who clearly take digital photos of someone, then edge away to the corner of the room and start ridiculing the victim.


I stayed up too late last night and got up too early this morning. The combination of these two, along with allergy medicine, has left me feeling worn out and dragging several beats behind. I stayed up too late last night because there was a movie that I wanted to watch. However, even with the best of intentions, I dozed off before the movie started so I missed part of it. What I did watch, didn't remotely satisfy an nth of my expectations. It would have been better if I'd skipped the whole thing entirely. The book was LOTS better than the movie. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure how they could even claim that this movie was even loosely based on the book.

I got up early this morning because I had an orchestra practice at the church. I also got together with my duet partner to go over the duet music and the rest of the music that we'll be playing on Wednesday. I hope I do a better job when we actually play together on Wednesday night.


Murphyism of the Day

Golomb's Don'ts of Mathematical Modeling - Number Eight


Don't fall in love with your model.

Catchphrase - "Pygmalion."

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

- Dorothy Parker (1893 - 1967)

No comments: