Monday, March 02, 2009



Word of the Day

Peoplation - All the people inhabiting a certain area.


I'm sipping on a cup of nuked, leftover coffee this morning. I forgot to set up the coffee-maker yesterday. It's this sort of thing that can screw up an entire day. I've always felt that it's kind of like measuring when you're building a home or planting a garden. A fraction of an inch off on one measurement and by the end you're off a foot. It only took a couple of minutes to nuke that first cup of coffee this morning but then I had to take another few minutes to set up the coffee-maker for my next cup of coffee and now I'm off more than five minutes. It's not really about five minutes, it's about waiting for the next shoe to drop. From past experience, I know that whenever my morning starts off like this, something else to screw things up will be sure to follow and looking nervously over my shoulder, watching for that thing, doesn't seem to help. I'll probably burn the toast or over-cook the eggs this morning. *sigh* It's probably not a good idea to leave the house today.

Murphyism of the Day

Bogovich's Corollary to Mr. Cooper's Law

If the piece makes no sense without the word, it will make no sense with the word.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Rogues are preferable to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest.

Alexandre Dumas (1802 - 1870)

No comments: