Saturday, March 14, 2009


Spring at The Lake - 2008 (This is my new desktop photo...I got tired of snow at the lake.)

Word of the Day

Petree - To water a tree with deadly liquids. Not to be mistaken with petre, used in a dish as fertilizer to grow things in a laboratory.



HTP has his new glasses. He thinks that the eye doctor made a mistake on the prescription. He's going to have to get it checked out. I think the problem may be that HTP isn't used to bifocals...much less no line bifocals. Heck, for that matter, he's not used to wearing ANY glasses unless he's driving or working on his computer. Since I've worn glasses for most of my life, transitioning into no-line bifocals wasn't all that difficult.

We picked up the propane for our gas grill yesterday...as planned. I finished making the BBQ pork chops that I'd starting making before we ran out of propane. It worked out just fine.

I bought my corned beef, cabbage, and red potatoes yesterday. I'm good to go for St. Patrick's Day. I didn't pick up any beer because we already are well stocked. I'm looking forward to my annual corned beef and cabbage dinner.

Murphyism of the Day

Von Neumann's Observation


In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Television has raised writing to a new low.

- Samuel Goldwyn (1882 - 1974)

No comments: